Motorcyclists know that nothing compares to the exhilaration they feel when cruising the open road. It’s the primary reason they invested in their motorcycle to begin with. If you love your motorcycle, you want to maintain it and provide the best care possible so it can be ridden as often as you like and for many years to come. While the cost to do so has a fairly steep price tag (approximately $1,000 to $1,200 per year), every rider knows that it’s worth every penny they spend maintaining their bikes.
What do you need to know about shipping your motorcycle?
If you have a luxury or vintage bike, you want to ensure that your prized 2-wheel possession gets to your new location safely and securely, regardless of the cost. No, you don’t have to spend top dollar to accomplish that. However, you want to be sure that you’re getting the best value for the investment. The following tips will ensure the safe and secure transport of your bike anywhere in the US:
- Hire the trustworthy professionals at Cheap Motorcycle Shipping – you don’t want to hire just any shipper when relocating your bike to your new home, even if it’s just across town. So, be sure to do plenty of research before entrusting your bike into the hands of complete strangers.
- Prepare your bike for shipping properly – there are a few steps to take before seeing your bike loaded onto the transport trailer. First and foremost, be sure to wipe the bike down so that any chips or scratches can be documented. Be sure to clean the wheels as well. Additionally, check the battery, fluids, and tire pressure. If there are loose items attached, remove or secure them. Keep the gas tank 1/4 full (enough fuel to load it onto and off of the trailer). Finally, disable the alarm system if you have one.
- Understand the difference between enclosed and open shipping – these are the two most common methods for shipping a motorcycle. As the name implies, enclosed transport ensures that your bike will not be exposed to road conditions or the weather. It is also the method we commonly recommend for optimal protection here at Cheap Motorcycle Shipping.
Remember, our goal is to deliver your motorcycle securely, safely, and as quickly as we possibly can. After all, we don’t want you missing out on enjoying any cruising time when you move to your new home.
Are you looking for the most inexpensive way to ship your bike and avoid any hidden costs in the process?
Cheap Motorcycle Shipping has you covered. To us, shipping your motorcycle is more than the cost involved. It’s about getting the job done quickly, efficiently, and most importantly, cost-effectively. There are basically 3 ways you can ship your bike – DIY motorcycle shipping, finding an independent shipper, or hiring professionals. Here is a breakdown of the 3 methods:
- DIY shipping – you rent an enclosed or open trailer and transport the bike yourself. It’s a lot of work and not recommended for an inexperienced person.
- Independent shipper – this is usually a person with a truck and trailer that works on their own and probably lacks the proper credentials to do this sort of work.
- Professional shippers – these companies specialize in auto and motorcycle transport with several types of trucks and trailers. They are fully bonded, insured, and licensed to do this type of work.
Naturally, we recommend choosing a professional company like Cheap Motorcycle Shipping. Remember, if you choose someone who lacks the proper experience and credential, the risk of damage to your bike increases dramatically. And at our company, our years of experience speaks for itself. We have handled a plethora of different motorcycles and understand the nuances of shipping motorcycles across the country and overseas. Our trained and experienced crew is quick and efficient to ensure that the motorcycles are secured safely before it is shipped or transported.
How much will it cost to ship your motorcycle?
There are a number of factors that play a role in the cost to ship a motorcycle. In the US, the average cost to ship a bike is around $500. However, the cost factors below can cause fluctuations in what you’ll actually pay. The following is a list of factors that can influence the cost of shipping your motorcycle:
- enclosed or open transport
- fuel surcharges
- shipping insurance
- shipping method (plane, ship, train, or truck)
- size and weight of the bike
Thus, after a quick evaluation of your custom requirements, we offer a written quote that enumerates the details of the shipping costs. To learn more about our professional motorcycle shipping services or to get a quote on the cost to ship your bike, contact Cheap Motorcycle Shipping today.