If you have to move, you may be trying to get everything in order and that includes your vehicle. Will you drive it to your new home? Will you sell it? Or are you going somewhere that shipping would be the best option? Moving within the same state, you probably wouldn’t need to ship it but if you want to move long distance, you may be wondering more about shipping your vehicle to your new home
When searching for a shipping company, there are a few things that you will want to find out. For example, what information will you need in order to trust that company that will be in charge of shipping. What other questions should you ask the company that you are considering?
First determine what you know that you need in a car shipping company. Here are a few things that you should know before you make the first call.
- Where are you moving to?
- How far will your vehicle be shipped?
- What type of vehicle are you shipping?
- Is your vehicle a sports vehicle or a collectible?
- Will you be shipping a motorcycle? Or ATV? The type of vehicle that you are shipping will affect the amount you will pay, the amount of insurance you will need, and may determine the shipping dates available.
- How much can you afford for shipping?
- How much will it cost for you to use these services
Research the Company
Once you know what you will be needing from the shipping company, you will know what to expect. You want to make sure that the company you hire has the reputation to follow. Before you hire anyone, you should check the following information out:
- How long has the company been in business of shipping vehicles. If the company has been shipping for a while, then you can probably count on them to be reliable.
- What are the references and reviews of the company saying? this should have a big affect on your decision.
- What credentials has the company obtained and are they BBB accredited?
- Always feel free to ask questions before you commit.