How Much Does it Cost to Ship a Motorcycle?
Since establishing our transport business, Cheap Motorcycle Shipping has provided the highest quality services for thousands of bike owners nationwide. If you’re tired of searching online or through the Yellow Pages for a dependable shipper to transport your bike across town, across the state, across the US, or internationally, call us today. As an industry leader, we’ll get your bike to its new location when you need it and in the same condition as you last saw it before it was loaded on the transport trailer. Not only do we have an excellent team of shipping crew but ensure that the communication is never lost and you are in the know.
As a full-service motorcycle shipping service, we are fully bonded, insured, and licensed and can offer the most competitive rates in the industry today. We specialize in catering to the needs of a diverse range of customers and motorcycle owners and providing the quality of service that will exceed your expectations. The trust you have placed in us will never be taken lightly at Cheap Motorcycle Shipping. We are committed to being conscientious professionals and will treat your motorcycle just like it was our own.
Why should I use a motorcycle transport service instead of a standard shipping company?
There are a number of reasons to consider using a professional motorcycle transport service instead of a standard shipping company when you need it delivered to its new location. Whether you’re purchasing a bike and need it delivered to your residence or selling it and need it shipped to its new location, the common element in either case is that you want it to get where it’s going safe and undamaged. This isn’t always the case when using a standard shipping company.
We offer several different shipping options where transporting your bike is concerned including the following methods:
- Crated transport – with this shipping method, your motorcycle will be secured to a pallet, crated, and then loaded onto a truck. While this is a popular shipping option, it in no way compares with enclosed transport (see below).
- Door-to-door transport – as the name implies, your motorcycle will be picked up at a specific loading point and delivered directly to its new location.
- Enclosed transport – by far, this is the safest and most secure method for shipping your motorcycle. However, it is also the costliest. This method ensures that your bike will be protected all environmental elements and other transport hazards.
- Open-air transport – as a more cost-effective method for transporting a motorcycle, this involves having the bike secured to a flatbed, open trailer (possibly with several other motorcycles). But be aware, it is unprotected and exposed to the elements.
- Terminal-to-terminal transport – while this is also a cost-effective option to consider, it involves picking up your motorcycle at a depot or terminal. Depending on where you’re located, this may not be convenient.
What will it cost to ship my motorcycle?
Just like with other motorcycle transport services, Cheap Motorcycle Shipping provides an online shipping calculator to help you get an idea of what it’s going to cost you to ship your bike. You can find this calculator on the home page of our website in the upper right corner where it says “Get Quote.” Just click on the button and you’ll be redirected to the form you need to fill out. However, if you have other related questions, call us and discuss it with our knowledgeable business representatives.
To get an estimate, the average shipping cost in the US for motorcycles is roughly $500. However, there are several factors that we consider such as:
- age and condition
- fuel costs
- insurance coverage and fees
- make and model
- shipping distance
- time of year
- transport method chosen
Here is a chart that displays the breakdown of the cost to ship a motorcycle based on the type of move (distance):
Type of Move
$200 to $300
Long distance (1,000 miles or more)
$400 to $600
$1,000 to $2,000
Furthermore, if you ship outside the contiguous US, the cost will be slightly higher. For instance, it will run between $350 and $700 to ship your motorcycle to Alaska or $800 to $1,200 to ship it to Hawaii. Additionally, remember that there is much more involved when shipping your bike outside the lower 48 states or internationally. However, we have a large network of shipping agents globally and can securely ship your motorcycle anywhere you need. So just call us and let us help you with the planning and walk you through the whole process.
For additional information on shipping your motorcycle or to get an estimate on the cost, contact Cheap Motorcycle Shipping and speak with a company representative today.