Motorcycle Import-Export Services
Motorcycle Import-Export: What You Need to Know
Transporting a vehicle within the US borders is more of a logistics problem, but when you have to transport it internationally, you have to handle complicated paperwork. We will go through the basic requirements for motorcycle import-export to explain the process.
Getting a motorcycle through customs will require specific paperwork to make sure that your bike will be approved in the country of its destination. As legislation changes frequently, it’s important to be up to date with all the regulations and know where to find the information you need.
Here’s what you need to know for a successful process.
Documents and Paperwork
Give yourself the time to find out what kind of paperwork you need and how long it takes to get it, as you will need to have everything sorted out before arranging the transport itself. The easiest and safest way to do this is to hire a company that can handle the documentation and can arrange it in the country where you need to bring the bike.
Methods of Transportation
Besides handling the administrative part of importing or exporting a bike from or to another country, you need to choose the method of transportation.
Here are the main options:
- Roll-on, Roll-off Shipping: One of the most affordable ways of shipping a bike is by ship. It will be driven on and off the ship and it will be secured once it’s on the cargo platform.
- Crated Transport: Your bike will be secured inside a wooden or metal crate and protected from prying eyes, weather, dirt, debris, or other damaging factors. It can be transported via ship, truck, or airplane, and the cost will vary a lot depending on that.
- Container Transportation: If you have multiple motorcycles to import or export, you can opt for container shipping, which means more bikes are secured inside the same shipping container.
- Door to Door Transportation: A method preferred by owners of classic or very valuable bikes, door-to-door transport ensures that your vehicle gets from the point you want the pick up to be made to the final destination, in pristine condition.
- Port to Port: A more affordable method of transport is to get your bike from one port to another. In this case, you will have to arrange how it gets to and from the port.
Be sure to have all the necessary documents and stay in touch with the customs officials from both countries, to make sure you have everything you need.
Contact Us Today!
The process of importing and exporting a motorcycle can cause a lot of headaches, but we are here to help.
Cheap Motorcycle Shipping can handle any kind of motorcycle transport, covering all major international ports and destinations.
Contact us to request a free quote and we will offer a reliable, obligation-free cost estimate and all the information you need.