Hiring a professional motorcycle transport company is the best way to get the job done. You might be wondering how much it costs to ship a bike from one coast to the other, but luckily there are inexpensive shipping solutions to meet any motorcycle owners needs.
Ways to Transport a Bike
- Enclosed Transport – This is known for being the most expensive form of transport, but it is also the safest. Your bike will be guarded from the elements and potential storage and transport hazards. (It is also a suitable option for shipping a motorcycle overseas.)
- Open Air Transport – This shipping solution is the cheapest option to date. Other than your bike being exposed to weather conditions, it is a perfectly safe and reliable shipping solution.
- Door to Door Transport – This is a more expensive delivery option, but it might be more convenient for you to purchase this option if you cannot arrange for a ride to and from the depot. On the ship date, a truck will arrive to your home and carry the bike directly to its destination.
- Terminal to Terminal Transport – If you choose this delivery option paired with open air transport, you will pay the lowest cost for delivery. You will need to arrange for a ride home after dropping the bike off and the terminal.
- Crated Transport – Your bike will be secured onto a pallet and placed inside of a crate. Keep in mind that if you select this shipping solution, you may be required to remove the mirrors and handle bars, drain the fluids and disconnect the battery.
Finding the Right Company
To find a reputable motorcycle transport company, you will need to conduct a little research online to make sure you’re not doing business with a company that has bad reviews posted online. The best companies will offer flexible prices and free quotes. As stated above, the least expensive shipping option is open air terminal to terminal transport. If the company is limited with shipping options, consider finding another company (and not one with negative reviews online).
Make sure to find out if the company offers full coverage for the cargo they carry. If an accident happens while your bike is being shipped, the company should cover the cost of damages. Reputable companies also offer real-time satellite tracking. This will allow you to keep tabs on where your bike is at all times.