Shipping A Motorcycle To Portugal
When shipping a motorcycle to Portugal, you might be surprised to find out that it’s not more complicated than when you ship it in the US, especially when you hire Cheap Motorcycle Shipping to transport your bike. The most significant difference, in most instances, is that it involves only one more step – loading it onto ship in order to cross the Atlantic Ocean. International shipping typically involves these 3 steps:
- transporting the bike from its origination point to a shipping port
- shipping from one port to another
- transporting the bike from the port of entry to its final destination
Granted, it is less expensive to ship a motorcycle overseas than it is when shipping a car, SUV, truck, or van because of the additional steps that must be taken. The extra steps involved lengthen the process and costs more. This involves packing and securing it for a long journey that may encounter ravages of weather at some point. Furthermore, if the motorcycle’s current location and final destination are not in close proximity to a port at either end of the journey, this will add to the cost of shipping.
What international shipping options do we offer?
When shipping a motorcycle to an international destination, you don’t want to trust the first transport company you come across. After all, it is your baby and it deserves all the love and protection you can afford. Cheap Motorcycle Shipping offers 5 options for shipping a motorcycle to Portugal including:
- Container – this is the most cost-effective shipping method for transporting multiple bikes at the same time. It can be done using the crating method or the bike can be secured within a shipping container using tie downs and straps to secure it. In order to reduce shipping costs, multiple parties can share a container.
- Crated – this is a cost-effective and secure method for transporting a bike overseas in a shipping container. The motorcycle is secured to a crate, securely enclosed, and then mounted on a pallet. This ensures there is very limited movement despite rough roads during transit, and chances of damages are rare.
- Door-to-door – even when shipping a motorcycle to Portugal, Cheap Motorcycle Shipping offers you the option of having your bike shipped right to your door (or as close to it as possible). The downside is that this method will cost you more as it is the most convenient method when shipping a bike internationally.
- Port-to-port – this is a more cost-effective option than door-to-door shipping, especially when it comes to international motorcycle shipping. Your bike is delivered to port it will be shipped from and then picked up at the Portuguese port that you want it shipped to. Although additional legwork for you is involved, it eliminates overland shipping costs and can save you a considerable amount of money.
- Roll on, roll off – this is one of the more popular shipping methods for motorcycles and other vehicles that involve being transported on a ship. Your bike is driven onto a ship where it is secured and then shipped to a port that is closest to its intended destination. From there, a standard overland carrier transports it to the location you’ve specified.
How much does it cost to ship a motorcycle to Portugal?
Naturally your biggest concern when shipping a motorcycle to Portugal is going to be the cost. The sooner you find this out, the easier it will be to finish planning and start your adventure. There are several factors that can influence the cost of transporting your bike overseas including:
- import duties and Value Added Tax (VAT)
- make and model of the motorcycle
- pick-up and delivery locations
- size of the motorcycle
- total shipping distance
- transport method selected
That being said, the average cost of shipping a motorcycle internationally can range from $1,000 up to $2,000 or more based on the above factors. However, if you are looking for a FREE, no obligation quote, call us today.
Why should you choose Cheap Motorcycle Shipping when transporting your bike to Portugal?
We know we’re not the only game in town when it comes to shipping your bike overseas. However, we’re very confident about being the best in the motorcycle shipping business. When you entrust your motorcycle to us, we make the process easy and alleviate the stress about handling “your baby.” We bring years of industry experience and savvy to the table. Our goal is to make your experience with us as pleasant as possible. We’ll walk you through the whole process, answer your queries and help you get the best price for shipping your motorcycle to Portugal.
For more information about shipping a motorcycle to Portugal or to get an estimate on the cost to do so, contact Cheap Motorcycle Shipping today.