Michigan Motorcycle Shipping Services
If you’ve been thinking about shipping a motorcycle within or out of Michigan, Cheap Motorcycle Shipping has been providing clients with high-quality transport services at the most competitive rates in the industry today. We offer clients a more personalized experience by working with them one-on-one and keeping them informed about the status of their bikes throughout the entire shipping process. As a result, we have long been recognized the Michigan motorcycle shipping specialists you can always trust when it comes to ensuring the safe and secure transport of your bike.
What type of motorcycle transport options do you offer?
One of the most important qualities that separate our company from the rest of our competitors is the broad range of motorcycle shipping services that we offer. At Cheap Motorcycle Shipping, we understand that your bike is one of your most prized possessions. So, we make sure that it arrives at its intended destination in the same condition as when it was loaded onto the transport carrier. We offer the following Michigan motorcycle shipping services:
- Crated shipping – with this method, your bike is secured to a pallet and placed inside a crate. While this is one of the safest ways to ship your motorcycle, it does require a little pre-transport preparation such as disconnecting the battery and draining all of its fluids.
- Door-to-door shipping – your motorcycle is picked up at a specified address and then delivered to (or as close as possible to) the location you’ve requested.
- Enclosed shipping – this is one of the safest transport methods as the motorcycle is secured in an enclosed shipping container so it is protected from all environmental elements and the weather.
- Open-air shipping – because your bike is loaded onto a flatbed trailer or open carrier, it is exposed to the elements and road conditions. On a positive note, this is the most affordable Michigan motorcycle shipping option you can choose.
- Terminal-to-terminal shipping – your bike is transported to a shipping terminal and delivered to another depot or terminal where you pick it up. This is a cost-effective option, but it can be inconvenient if you don’t live close to the delivery terminal.
How much will it cost to ship your motorcycle?
In an effort to satisfy our client’s budgets, Cheap Motorcycle Shipping continually strives to offer the most competitive shipping rates in the transport industry. The cost to ship your bike will depend on a number of factors. The primary factors include:
- Distance the bike is being shipped
- Size and total weight of the shipment
- Transport type selected (see transport options above)
- Travel fees including the cost of fuel
When it comes to the first factor above, the transport distance and average shipping cost is broken down as follows:
Type of Move
Local (50 miles or less)
$180 to $300
Intrastate (less than 1,000 miles)
$400 to $600
Interstate (1,000 miles or more)
$800 to $1,000
$1,000 to $2,000
Keep in mind that these are average costs and Michigan motorcycle shipping costs may differ based on the company you are dealing with and any additional services that may be required. You can get a basic idea of the cost to ship your bike by visiting the home page of our website and clicking on the “Get Quote” button in the upper right corner. We’ll be glad to be of assistance and provide you with a FREE, no obligation quote, if you have a custom requirement.
How do you prepare your motorcycle for shipping?
Shipping a motorcycle is very similar to shipping any other type of vehicle with a few exceptions, one of which is preparing the bike for transport before loading it on the carrier. This ensures that the motorcycle is well-secured and reduces the chances of ant damage during transit. At Cheap Motorcycle Shipping, we recommend you take the following steps to ensure that your bike is fully prepared for transport:
- Check the fluids and the tire pressure.
- Disable the alarm (if it has one).
- Disconnect the battery.
- Drain the gas tank so that it is no more than 1/4 full.
- Remove all accessories and secure any loose parts.
- Remove any personal items.
- Thoroughly clean the bike. Inspect it for any cosmetic and mechanical issues. Take photos and document your findings. Make sure the transport driver is aware of this.
We want to ensure that your Michigan motorcycle shipping experience is a pleasant one when hiring us to transport your bike. That is why we stay in communication with you all through the transit process and till the motorcycle is delivered to you in Michigan or in the new city. If you have doubts or looking for answers related to the shipping process, or for more information regarding our services, call Cheap Motorcycle Shipping today.