Hiring Professionals Makes Harley Davidson Motorcycle Shipping simpleS
Motorcycle enthusiasts that own Harley Davidsons are very particular about their bikes, and why shouldn’t they be? After all, Harleys are the finest two-wheel cruising bikes on the road today. But more than that, these iconic machines demand the finest care that you can provide, especially when it comes to shipping them to a new location. Here at Cheap Motorcycle Shipping, our experienced specialists have been skillfully trained in all facets of Harley Davidson motorcycle shipping.
Why should you choose professionals to ship your Harley Davidson?
Is Harley Davidson what you would call a luxury motorcycle? Most Harley owners would say “absolutely.” That being said, why would you entrust your bike to anyone other than a professional? That’s right, you wouldn’t. When you hire a reputable company such as ours to ship your bike, you won’t have to worry about the people handling and whether they’ve been properly trained to do so. No matter where a motorcycle is being shipped, there is a common element among every Harley Davidson owner – they want their bike delivered to its new location safely and undamaged.
What transport options do you offer?
At Cheap Motorcycle Shipping, we offer an extensive line of shipping methods for all Harley Davidson owners as well as other motorcyclists. All of these options can be tailored to the specific needs of the owner. When shipping your Harley Davidson, you want to select the transport method that best suits your needs. You can choose from the following options:
· Crated transport – when choosing this option, your Harley will be secured to a wooden pallet, inserted into a crate, and then loaded onto a trailer. Despite this being a very popular choice for shipping a Harley Davidson, it does require additional preparation.
· Door-to-door transport – this is the most convenient shipping method for Harley owners as it enables them to choose a specific pick-up and drop-off location. With this shipping option, the transport driver will pick up and deliver your Harley as close to address you’ve specified as possible barring any legal and safety restrictions.
· Enclosed transport – if you want to ensure that your Harley Davidson is as safe and secure as possible, this is the option to choose. Using this shipping method eliminates the worry of incurring any damage from the elements or road conditions as your bike will be completely protected against these issues.
· Open-air transport – if you’re looking for the most cost-effective option and aren’t worried about your Harley being exposed to the elements or road conditions, this is the way to go. Your bike will be secured to a flatbed trailer or loaded on a vehicle hauler with a number of other motorcycles when choosing open-air transport.
· Terminal-to-terminal transport – though this Harley Davidson motorcycle shipping method is one of the more cost-effective options, it often means having to pick up your bike at some type of depot or terminal that may not be close to your new location. Consequently, this method is not always one of convenience.
How do I prepare my Harley for shipping?
As was mentioned above, the Harley Davidson owner wants to ensure that his or her bike arrives in the same condition as when it was loaded onto the transport carrier. Thus, they usually won’t mind taking a few extra steps to ensure that it’s prepared properly for a safe journey. Before the transport driver arrives to pick up your bike, you want to check it as thoroughly as possible for any damage and document this for the driver as well as yourself. Additionally, if you want, you can take additional transit insurance so if there is any damage, which is rare, but you’d be sure that everything is covered.
Furthermore, it helps to take photos from different angles. This and the documentation should help you avoid any difficulties with filing an insurance claim if that becomes necessary. In addition to this, you should take the following steps:
· Check the battery, fluids, and tire pressure.
· Disable the alarm (if the bike is equipped with one).
· Leave the gas tank no more than 1/4 full.
· Make sure the entire bike including the wheels has been cleaned.
· Remove any accessories that could fall off and get damaged such as saddlebags and side mirrors.
Our business representatives would be available to answer any queries or help you get FREE, no-obligation shipping quote. We’ll walk you through the whole process so that you are informed about our quality and safety procedures, which ensures that your motorcycle is delivered safely. For more information about Harley Davidson motorcycle shipping or to speak with a knowledgeable company representative about motorcycle shipping costs, call Cheap Motorcycle Shipping at your earliest convenience. Call us now!