Do Your Homework Before Choosing a Motorcycle Shipping Company
At Cheap Motorcycle Shipping, we provide a wide range of cost-effective motorcycle transport services for the most discerning bike owner. When you want your prized possession to arrive quickly and safely, we’re the company you can depend on. Thanks to our online platform, we have streamlined the motorcycle shipping process so you can get the type of service you deserve. Unlike other motorcycle shipping companies that transport bikes, our company evolved out of the motorcycle industry. When hire us for your bike transport needs, you’re getting the best services the industry has to offer.
How can I ship my motorcycle?
Cheap Motorcycle Shipping uses one of two different shipping methods – open or enclosed transport. As the name implies, your motorcycle is secured on an open trailer when you choose open transport. These shipping services are the less expensive of the two methods and were designed to accommodate those individuals that have a tighter budget than others. Just be aware that your motorcycle will be unprotected and exposed to the elements during transport. And if that is a vintage motorcycle, it does help to choose a different method that offers better protection.
To ensure optimal protection and the security of your bike, most motorcycle shipping companies will recommend enclosed motorcycle shipping. When using this method, we will tie down your bike and secure it within its own transport trailer. This method will ensure that your bike doesn’t get damaged by any environmental elements such as dirt, road debris, and the weather or the ties that are used to secure it. This is the shipping method that we always recommend at Cheap Motorcycle Shipping.
How do I prepare my motorcycle for the trip?
In order to ensure that your motorcycle is prepared for shipping, there are a few steps you need to take before it gets loaded on the transport trailer. Before your motorcycle is loaded onto the transport trailer, be sure to do the following:
- Be sure to remove any personal items from the bike.
- Check the battery, all fluids, and tire pressure then top them off as needed.
- Disable the alarm (if you have one).
- Leave no more than 1/4 tank of gas or just enough to move your motorcycle onto and off the trailer.
- Make sure the steering is unlocked and that the bike rolls freely.
- Remove any loose items or tightly secure them at the least.
- Thoroughly wipe the bike down and document any chips or scratches in the paint that you find. Don’t forget to wipe down the wheels as well.
Since the transport driver will have a special skid for packaging and securing your bike properly, you won’t need to crate it in any way. The transport driver will document the bike’s condition before loading it onto the trailer. This will ensure that if there is any damage during transit, you know the insurance will reimburse it.
How much will it cost me to ship my motorcycle?
In order to determine the cost of shipping your motorcycle, it’s best to get an online quote or an estimate over the phone from a Cheap Motorcycle Shipping specialist. You can always get a rough idea by using our online quote calculator. Simply click on the “Get Quote” button in the upper right hand corner of the website homepage and fill out the form. However, it’s best if you speak with one of our representatives so you can explain your specific shipping needs and give them more details about your bike.
There are several factors that will enable us to determine how much it will cost to ship your motorcycle including the following:
- age and condition of the bike
- current fuel costs
- distance between loading and unloading
- insurance coverage provided and applicable fees
- make and model of the bike
- method of transport and additional shipping options requested
- time of year that the bike is being transported
How can I be assured that I’ve chosen one of the best motorcycle shipping companies?
Finding a motorcycle shipping service is not difficult when you consider there are dozens of them out there. However, finding the right one is another story. If you want to ensure choosing the right company, do some research first. Consider the following before making your decision:
- Remember, first and foremost, it’s all about quality and value, not just the price.
- Know exactly what you’re paying for.
- Provide the shipper with accurate information.
- Shop around and compare credentials and experience.
To learn more about how we compare with other motorcycle shipping companies, contact Cheap Motorcycle Shipping today. We’d be glad to be of assistance in shipping your motorcycle anywhere in the world, securely and at the most competitive prices. Call us today to get a no-obligation FREE quote on your motorcycle shipping need.