Are You Searching for the Best Motorcycle Shipping Company?
When it’s time to ship your motorcycle to its new home, choosing the best motorcycle shipping company can be a daunting task when you consider the number of choices you have. This is especially true if you are shipping your bike for the first time. The key to ensuring you have chosen the best transport service provider is due diligence and research. The following is a list of qualities that the experts at Cheap Motorcycle Shipping believe you should look for before making your decision.
How long has the company been in business?
One of the first qualities to look for when attempting to choose a motorcycle shipping company is longevity or the length of time they’ve been in business. So why is this so important when trying to choose the best motorcycle shipping company? Because business longevity results from continued growth, experience, and the ability to adapt to changing industry conditions. Basically, they are successful because they have taken the necessary steps to achieve that success and stay in business.
Do they place restrictions on where they will ship your bike or can you ship it to any destination of your choice?
The right motorcycle shipping company will not only ship your bike across town, across the state, or across the US, they will ship to a wide range of international locations as well. This is something to keep in mind if you are getting transferred to a foreign destination for career or military purposes. Many transport companies shy away from international shipping because it involves a more complex process than domestic shipping. At Cheap Motorcycle Shipping, we can ship your bike to just about any destination in the world.
Do they offer a range of shipping options?
The best motorcycle shipping company will offer you a number of options for transporting your bike to its intended destination. For instance, we offer the five following transport options:
- Crated transport – as a relatively safe and secure shipping method, your bike will be secured on a pallet and enclosed in a crate prior to loading it on a transport trailer. This is a popular option. However, it requires additional preparation such as disconnecting the battery, draining all fluids, and possibly removing the handlebars and mirrors.
- Door-to-door transport – just as the name of this option implies, your bike is picked up at a specified origination point and delivered as close as possible to its new location. It could be the street you’ll be living on or an otherwise agreed upon site.
- Enclosed transport – if you want to ensure that your motorcycle is protected from any environmental conditions and other potentially damaging elements, shipping your bike in an enclosed transport is the only way to go. Although this is the safest and most secure motorcycle shipping method available, it will cost you more than other options. However, if you intend shipping an expensive or vintage motorcycle, this is the safest method. The motorcycle will be secured properly to ensure there is no chance for any damage.
- Open-air transport – for those of you who have budget concerns, open-air transport is the most cost-effective option to choose. The downside is that your motorcycle is going to be exposed to all the elements and road conditions that are incurred along the way.
- Terminal-to-terminal transport – while this is another cost-effective option, it involves picking your motorcycle up at a depot or terminal. For some, this can be a bit inconvenient based on your proximity to the specified depot or terminal.
What other factors or qualities should you look for?
Keep in mind that reputability and trustworthiness are key factors to consider when you are choosing the best motorcycle shipping company. Remember, it’s not about price so much. It’s about getting the best value for the money. At Cheap Motorcycle Shipping, we specialize in shipping motorcycles only. Here are some additional factors or qualities that you should consider before making your choice:
- being bonded, insured, and licensed
- charging cost-effective shipping rates
- having a DOT certification
- highly rated with positive reviews and customer testimonials
- offering various shipping and delivery services
- personalized shipping services
- possessing high-quality, up-to-date equipment and materials
If the company is BBB approved, that is also a plus. Remember, the best motorcycle transport service providers are dedicated to building good relationships with their clients or customers and exceeding their expectations. We have an excellent crew, and a large network of global shipping agents to ensure that your motorcycle can be delivered anywhere in the world.
If you are shopping for competitive prices, get a no-obligation free quote today. For more information about choosing the best motorcycle shipping company, contact Cheap Motorcycle Shipping today.